- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- I am pretty happy with all moves so far, but they could hire me to keep the spreadsheet. I would have no useful purpose, but it would be a nice Christmas present. and everyone needs a dork around the office
- Trade Carrie Muscat for Lizzie
- I doubt she would put up with our shit.
- I actually had not anticipated us getting CM back in that trade. It was more of an upgrade for the Cubs, and CM gets DFA’d.
- In a blow to the overall organizational “coolness”, the Cubs lost Rock Shoulders to the Rule 5 draft. He will join other career minor leaguers F. Flintstone and B. Rubble with the Rangers.
- Is Mr. Slate their bench coach? I was really hoping Rock would make it to the Bigs as a Cub just because of his name. This will definitely be logged in the not cool column now that Dork is the dugout spreadsheet coach.
- Three’s a charm. This feels pretty good leading up to Christmas. It must be the roids.
- Since it’s a Christmas gift, let’s see them go get Cole Hamels from the Phillies for Edwin Jackson and that batboy.
- But then we’d be mean to the Phillies and you can’t be mean at Christmastime. We have to find a way to make them think Edwin is a gift…or the batboy…but then again, every time he pitched it would be a gift to the other team.
- I am more interested in their playoff roster since their opening day roster will not be their playoff roster.
- If Junior Lake is a starter – there won’t be a playoff roster.
- I love when a Scott Boras scheme goes a rye…
- I like it when his schemes go a pumpernickel.
- I like it when his schemes go a seven grain whole wheat.
- which fills four of the expected seven (sigh) slots.
- Glad to hear they’ve found another beard to replace the loss of James Russell’s beard from last season.
- I think Noah_I is Theo.
- Wow are there some conspiracy theorists here. “I” is my middle initial. Nothing so interesting. Also, being Jewish (well, or at least Jewishish) and of Ashkenazi descent, there won’t be a Noah II at least as long as I’m alive. Of course, Theo is also Jewish. So maybe I AM him, spending all my spare time writing blog posts. You’ll never know. Mwahahaha!
- The consensus here is that you are Theo. Therefore, you are Theo.
- We’ve had Muskat keeping us in check for years. FWIW.
- My guess is that looking at these top guys is not where the cubs will be looking.
- All I can say is Noah_I/Theo has given me the best Christmas I could ask for – a realistic hope that the Cubs’ season will go beyond opening day.
- No one had their very first 2014 off-season Lizzie this time so let’s have a shout out for everyone! Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Eddie von White, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Four times in a row way to go EVW!
Top 10 of the 2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard) – I’ll post the full list this time!
1. Eddie Von White
2. Doc Raker
4. Seymour Butts
5. Doug S.
7. Jerry in Wisconsin
9. Noah Eisner
10. Mark From Toronto
10. Sean Powell
14. cap’n realist
14. Joe Aiello
18. Ray Brettman
Merry Christmas! Chat about anything that strikes your fancy!