- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims. Let’s get to it!
- I know umpiring is a tough job and perfection is not expected but a little humility would go a long way.
- I saw a 4 top of umpires at Chrissy Ruth’s steak house, the porterhouse was outstanding.
- I’ll be honest though, I went to bed last night with the Cubs up 7-2 and can’t say I was sure they would get the win.
- Pre O.C. Raker would probably not have driven a Toyota minivan off the lot and told his buddies he had a SUV.
- No minivan’s in the Raker household, ever. Mrs Raker does not care for minivans.
- It is always good to know who the boss is.
- The only difference between your SUV and a minivan is a sliding door and a bunch of Cheerios mashed into the upholstery.
- The ghost of Marmol continues to haunt me.
- Why 8 bullpen arms? The Cubs are so devoid of major league hitters why have an extra position player when the extra bullpen guy hits just as well as anyone else in the line up. This way we have an extra arm and an extra automatic out all in one.
- I assume the playoff odds increased based on Monday’s game since last night sure didn’t insprire any additional hope for me.
- Going from .9 to 1.2 is no small deal. Let’s enjoy it.
- Don’t kid yourself, we are really at -218% which is on the wrong side of a snowballs chance in hell. 1.2% means we should of at least won one world series in the past 100 years and we all know the answer to that.
- Baker to Rawlings for one box of gamers.
- “This also depresses me that this is our topic – Trades and Smokies
- At least batch cooking and spreadsheets are interesting. No wait that depresses me too.”
- We know more than we want to know.
- I’m thinking Hammel goes first, not that it’s what I want.
- The Cubs just may have found their third baseman going forward as they move into their window of competing.
- Heard from one of my brewers freinds today that Bob Ueker introduced him on the broadcast with “his era is just over 2 touchdowns”
- Long time no hear………………the Cubs are having a losing season so far just to bring you up to speed….
- Sorry for being away so long. Bob Brenly and I have been following Mister Mister around the country on their latest tour of state fairs. They rock.
- I guess when I think of the “complete game” era, I think of the 50s and earlier. The time when bringing in a relief pitcher was an insult to your manhood.
- Interesting fact: Rizzo has approximately 25% of the team’s walks so far this season.
- Anthony Rizzo has shown tremendous maturity and patience at the plate, Shark is pitching out of his mind, Mike Olt has shown RIDIC power, and some of the young bullpen arms look outstanding.
- This is an article that warms my heart to see, both because Casto is so much better but also all the statistical evidence. There almost should be a spreadsheet attached.
- Keep an eye open for our missing Johnsons on your travels.
- To sum up: Castro is getting better with age.
- A very diverse Cubs site with other topics ranging from food to fitness, personal grooming to star wars, musical preferences and spreadsheets. I’m bracing for what’s next.
- We need to quit wasting time on star wars themes and get back to our basic premise… dick jokes.
- That’s a funny name…who is he?
- I bet this ends well.
- I’ve shoveled non-colloquial shit. It takes time. At least we’re not talking about a bunch of dudes on the fast track to Japan and Trey McNutt, even though those are some of the best things to talk about.
- where is trey?
- Post-op. Goes by Deuce now.
- Impatience is for the masses that didn’t understand the organizational dysfunction of the Milton Bradley era.
- Being a Cubs fan is a lifestyle choice that I gladly make every day.
- Big shout out to Luke Jett for his first 2014-season Lizzies this week! Yay!
- Congratulations to jswanson our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Thanks for being here!
Top 10 of the 2014 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Doc Raker
3. Seymour Butts
4. Eddie Von White
4. Joe Aiello
6. Doug S.
9. Chet West
10. Jerry in Wisconsin
I’ve asked this a few times now but for me it changes often and maybe for you too! Who is your favorite Cub right now? Is this a change from the beginning of the season?