I had to wrap things up early this week due to some upcoming travel but even taking that into account it was a really slow go-round this time. Slim pickins! I have an idea about why, but it’s not appropriate for polite company so I’ll leave you to your own theories.
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- I reset my mental calendar to coincide with GirlieView every other Thursday.
- Can we get this article posted before each of Jackson’s starts? He pitched pretty good today.
- Where’s Tony Campana when you need him?
- Check under your desk.
- Not where I would keep him… His sister, maybe.
- I think it is time for Jeff to get a hair cut, based on how his hair is distracting Joe.
- Jason Hammel once again proved he was a great offseason acquisition stiffening the Diamondbacks for seven innings.
- I’m more than a little curious about how Hammel stiffened the Diamondbacks for seven innings. I guess that happens from playing hard.
- The Outfield is Quite Underwhelming
- I keep a daily spreadsheet of game results with columns for basic game stats, starter, etc.
- There has to be a better way to spend your time.
- Chicks dig guys who maintain obscure spreadsheets, EVW. That’s chicks 101.
- How could I have overlooked that?
- I hear that Braun’s girl friend is unhappy with him. He apparently can only get it up on the road.
- when you start the game and read the cubs line up 7. Baker 8. Barney 9. Pitcher you basically see “a free inning”.
- It’s not that the Cubs can’t score for the Shark. They can’t score period.
- Big shout outs to Buddy, Rob Willer, and Timo for their first 2014-season Lizzies/Lizard this week! Hugs and kisses!
- Congratulations to Eddie von White our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Way to go!
Top 10 of the 2014 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Seymour Butts
3. Joe Aiello
4. Eddie Von White
5. Doc Raker
6. Jerry in Wisconsin
7. Chet West
7. Doug S.
7. Sean Powell
Today is a very special day, does anyone know why? 😉 If you don’t know, make up a holiday of your own and give it a name!