- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- If the “all expense paid” includes unlimited bottled water and a port-a-john, I’m in.
- I bet the port-a-john would be cold, it is the winter olympics.
- I understand it’s a 2 seater port-a-john
- Not a big Olympic fan in general and even less so of winter games. I might, however, be enticed to watch whatever games are attached to the Roman Numerals XXX.
- Greetings from Iowa. My primary take-away from this week of new job training is an urge to exit Iowa.
- You’re raining on my parade of wanting to go to Des Moines to watch the AAA team. Must be some redeeming things, no?
- Scenario: Imagine you are suddenly the new Cubs owner/president/general manager/demigod.
- I get flustered when my wife lets me decide where to go for dinner so I am out on this question.
- C J Edwards can’t weigh more than a couple of bats.
- First DP turned: Seymour Butts.
- Gone is Carlos Marmol. To be honest, we could probably just stop right there, drop the mic and walk off the stage.
- We’re now a shoo-in to take the Central.
- Perhaps early NL favorite as well?
- The Marlins inked Jeff Baker, so no.
- If we could have made a certain other signing, we could have been a Shin-Soo Choo in to win it.
- I don’t understand why people always say things like “Trade him as soon as he shows anything” as if other GM’s have access just to the last week of stats and no film whatsoever. Front offices are not dumb. They know what they’re doing.
- We have no new Lizzie awardees this time around so shout outs to everyone! Thanks for keeping the off-season interesting!
- Our fearless leader Joe Aiello is our Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time! Congratulations Joe!
Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Doc Raker
3. Seymour Butts
4. Eddie von White
4. Sean Powell
6. Joe Aiello
8. Doug S.
9. Jedi Johnson
Spring (training) is in the air! I know we have some differing opinions about Spring Training around these parts and I’m sure we can generate some spirited (gag) discussion around it. As I’m you can probably tell, that “spirited-ness” has been making me a little nuts lately. But carry on. If we all hate each other by the time the season starts so be it. So, tell us, how do you feel about Spring Training games (the first of which, by the way, will be televised exactly one week from today at 2:00pm CST on WGN)? I’ll start you off with some choices but feel free to elaborate:
a. I watch or listen every chance I get to see how the team is shaping up.
b. I watch or listen every chance I get but not with any expectations of reality, just because it’s baseball and baseball is fun!
c. I watch or listen occasionally but don’t pay very close attention until the season starts.
d. I primarily ignore it. Waste of my time.