- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of 2013 = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Not much that Dale Sveum has touched has turned to gold this season
- He signed Milton Bradley at all.
- On THIS? There is no question. Milkit Badly.
- Holy shit.
- The Sherm?
- The triangle mouth is a dead giveaway.
- Hendry’s hubris on curing Hasbro’s behavioral problems with a 3 year $30M contract was laughable from the get go.
- I think it’s more to do with the .201/.319/.417 triple slash line that he’s sporting in AAA than Sveum
- Value: A bottle of generic aspirin
- About this time my cable thankfully cut out
- winning breeds winning
- The Cubs management has a plan. Granted it is a painful plan, but it would be far worse to half-ass it at this point.
- Turns that my face was covered by the “C” logo on the score line for most of the time.
- You are like Norm’s wife, never to be seen, or like Rhoda’s doorman or Tool time’s neighbor, good thing the broadcast team knows you have a face for radio.
- So Marmol is about to become a Dodger? That should solve their problems!
- I’m on the edge of my seat here. Will we get a bucket of balls in return? Two buckets of balls? Exciting times, my friends.
- Some old gals likely suffered retinal damage from Richard Simmons’ sequins in the 80’s version of Insanity. Do the people who tell you what exercises to do still wear sequined tank tops?
- I’m not yet used to the taste of victory.
- SHERM! Please write us a song about this awesome 2013 team….
- It is a great time to be a Cub fan.
- I hear the White Sox are looking for people to root for them.
- Milton Bradley has been sentenced to more than three years in jail. Good for him. Have fun in there. You’ll fit right in since most people in jail blame others for their problems.
- Heck, you could make a good case Tim Tebow should be there.
- it’s virtually impossible to imagine a scenario in which he’s totally innocent.
- I considered the the actual players as “my junk for your junk”.
- this offense wouldn’t strike fear into the heart of a batting tee
- I don’t know. This offense would miss the ball on the tee a lot and hit the tee. They do swing hard. It could hurt the tee.
- The positive from the game was that no one got injured so everyone is still tradable.
- A post-game red, white and blue snow cone is hard to beat.
- I can’t tell if it’s blind Samardzija love or just a blatant disregard for what Wood has accomplished.
- He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time.
- This is weird. I actually don’t dislike Soriano lately.
- DFA’d Camp!
- That made my Camping day!
- If nothing else, call Jim Hendry.
- What Gregg is doing has far greater ramifications than just the trade potential. It is now exceedingly difficult to curse on this website.
Many thanks to these commenters who logged their first Lizzies of 2013 this time around.
- Michael Jimenez
- Scott E. Entsminger (RIP)
Congratulations to Seymour Butts, the Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time around!
Top Ten of 2013 (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Seymour Butts
3. Eddie von White
4. Doc Raker
4. Jedi Johnson
6. Joe Aiello
8. Jeremiah Johnson
10. Doug S.
A Lizzie from this week: “It is a great time to be a Cubs fan.” (Thanks Bones!) I heartily agree, but I know there are many who think this season is horrible for the team and the fans. Where do you stand?