New look and pick to click contest
So there is a new look to the site. My buddy Chris designed our new banner for the top and I changed the colors up a little. All in all, I think it looks nice. Let me know what you all think of it.
At the beginning of this season, we started a pick to click contest. It started out as a friendly competition between the staff here. However, I have decided that it would be fun to open it up to everyone that reads the site and put a prize up for the winner. So here are the specifics:
– I will post each morning at it will say pick to click for whatever date the game is
– Everyone that is interested can post their pick in the comment section up until the start of the game
– Each day I will update the standings with the winning pick getting a point for whoever picked that person.
– You can pick the same person as someone else but bear in mind that if you get a point, they also do.
– No one can pick the same person 2 games in a row.
– Winning pick will be decided by me each day. (if it is close, we go by CBSSportsline player of the game)
That’s it. The contest will begin as of the game on April 30th. I figured what better place to start than the series with the Red Birds. Everyone will be at zero at that point. You’re name will not be added to the standings until you get a point. The contest will run up until the last game of the season (playoffs included). The winner at the end of the competition will get a prize. The prize for 1st place will be a gift certificate to MLB.com gift shop and a Cubs plaque. So, it’s a pretty good first prize. Make sure you remember to get your pick in each day or you can’t get a point. May the best person win.